Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wednesday night in San Francisco

After my usual bridge game at The University Club, I was waiting to take my usual Cable Car down the hill to the home of the Salon du Trendyloin.  How lucky am I to be able to take the famed San Francisco Cable Car home as part of my public transportation thanks to my MUNI pass.

It was a beautiful warm night.  In fact it seemed too warm in the University Club and the lights of the city sparkled as I waited at Powell and California.  Then instead of the clanging, shuddering San Francisco Treat-mobile, a "Special" bus climbed it's way up the hill to California.  

Blink, blink.  "Are you the Cable Car tonight," I asked the driver.  Because there are many different buses in the city ranging from tourist tours to University of Art buses.  Yep.  Don't get me wrong, I was very thankful that MUNI and found it was actually much more comfortable, of not less colorful, a ride down the steep hill from California.  

Getting off at my next stop on Sutter, the Cable Car problem was evident by the working men sparking up up the night and the cables down below the street.

The city's night sky was mild in temperature along with the temperature of the people on the street.  I waited outside of a cute shop kati koos, "a gallery with tongue in chic," as they self-describe.

 They've got really cute dog clocks, but, alas, I didn't see any chihuahua heads.  My two cute chihuahua heads were waiting for me when I got home.  And Wednesday night in the Trendyloin slipped into Thursday with a sigh and smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment